This scheme, offered by Isle of Anglesey County Council in partnership with the Welsh Government, aims to reduce the number of vacant, under-utilised and redundant sites and premises in town centres. It provides interest free loans to redevelop or refurbish sites and premises in Holyhead, Llangefni and Amlwch town centres.
The focus is on renovating existing residential units so that they are suitable for reoccupation or commercial premises suitable for conversion into residential / retail units. However, consideration will be given to any other scheme which offers a more sustainable use for an existing town centre site.
Applicants should complete an Initial Expression of Interest Form (please see below). Once this has been submitted, the Empty Homes Officer will be in touch to arrange a suitable date and time to meet you to arrange a site visit to discuss the project and the application process with you in more detail.
Please note that any offer of a loan is not guaranteed until you have received formal approval from the Council.
Town Centre Loans
- This type of assistance is discretionary
- Eligible works will be all works deemed necessary to bring the unit/property back into use
- If the loan does not cover the full cost of the work, evidence of adequate finance to ensure that the scheme is financially viable will be required
- Minimum amount of loan available is £5,000 up to a maximum of £250,000
- Loans will be secured as a 1st or 2nd charge against the Land Registry title
- Repayment terms for a loan will be agreed on a case by case basis with the option of staged repayments or full repayment at the end of loan term (maximum 5 years) or on sale of the property if earlier
- Other funding options can be used in conjunction with the loan as long as they are funding separate works
- Administration fees and legal costs are payable
- Valuation of the property and any existing borrowing against it will be taken into consideration
- Any works you undertake prior to receiving approval will be at your own cost
For more information, please contact the Empty Homes Officer at the Housing Service.
Isle of Anglesey County Council
Tel: 01248 750057