Applications are open for eligible children with a date of birth between:
1 September 2016 to 31 March 2018.
What is the offer?
- eligible children could be entitled to up to 20 free hours of government funded childcare during term time in addition to the 10 hours already provided by the Foundation Phase every week.
- during up to 9 weeks of school holidays, parents will be able to access up to 30 hours of funded childcare.
- parents are able to choose any registered childcare setting that suits their personal and family circumstance, whether inside or outside of county, in agreement with the provider and the local authority. The childcare does not have to be delivered by the same provider as the Foundation Phase provision.
- eligible children will be able to access the Offer until the September following their fourth birthday when they begin full-time education.
Gwynedd and Anglesey have been chosen to pilot the Welsh Government funded childcare offer for 3 and 4 year old children of working parents.
Childcare Offer - 3 and 4 year old Government Funded Childcare
|Date of birth
||Eligible for the offer from
||Applications open from
|1 September 2016 to 31 March 2017
||1 September 2020
||10 August 2020
|1 April 2017 to 31 August 2017
||20 September 2020
||1 September 2020
|1 September 2017 to 31 December 2017
||4 January 2021
||9 November 2020
|1 January 2018 to 31 March 2018
||12 April 2021
||22 February 2021
|1 April 2018 to 31 August 2018
||1 September 2021
||7 June 2021
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for free child care you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- your child is aged 3 or 4 years and is able to access part time Foundation Phase Education
- you live in Gwynedd, Anglesey or Conwy
- you work and earn the equivalent of at least 16 hours at national living wage or national minimum wage; or are in receipt of specific caring benefits
Parents who would normally have met the income eligibility criteria for the Childcare Offer but who don’t now as a result of Covid-19
Parents applying for the Offer will be considered eligible if they can evidence that they would normally meet the earnings eligibility criteria for the Offer.
You will need to evidence that, as a result of Covid-19, your earnings in January/February 2020 met the income eligibility criteria for the Offer but that you have seen a reduction in income since then.
We will re-check the eligibility of parents who fall into this category at the end of January. You will be granted an 8 week temporary exemption period (TEP) starting on 1 February, if your income still does not meet the requirements for the Offer or is not expected to meet the requirements from 1 February.
Funding will cease at the end of the TEP unless your income meets the relevant criteria.
How to apply?
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, please complete the application form - please see below to download the form.
You must return via email to email@example.com
Please note - failure to submit all required documents with your application will result in a delay in processing
It is not possible at present to send the application form by post.
You will be informed of the outcome of your application, by email, within 10 working days of receipt of the application.
Your eligibility for funded childcare will begin after you receive your confirmation letter - no applications will be backdated.
You must show your confirmation letter to your childcare provider to evidence your eligibility for the offer.
For more information on the offer, take a look at the attachments below, or contact us:
Parents are responsible for finding childcare that meets their requirements, however the Family Information Service can provide details of the childcare which is available in your area, please contact either:
Gwynedd Family Information Service