Trading standards serves the local community by promoting a safe and equitable trading environment, encouraging good business.
Trading standards aim to provide a free, impartial, professional, accessible and confidential advice and assistance service to residents of and visitors to the Isle of Anglesey on any problems associated with consumer matters.
When we can help you
- we will provide advice and information regarding consumer rights over the telephone, in writing or in person
- we will visit consumers at their home when appropriate
- we will negotiate a settlement in disputes between consumers and retailers in an unbiased and fair manner
- we will identify any unfair or illegal trading practices and refer them to the enforcement section for investigation
- we will educate consumers and businesses as to their rights and obligations under consumer civil law
When we cannot help you
- we can advise and assist in the preparation of a claim but we cannot take the court action on a person’s behalf
- we can advise where there is a dispute between trader / trader, but cannot intervene or negotiate a settlement
- we are not in a position to offer judgement on a particular company’s trading practices unless that information is already in the public domain
Our service standards
- we will respond to all written complaints within 3 working days
- we will complete at least 85% of complaints within 2 months
- we will update complainants on ongoing matters every 21 days
Situations where we could help
- I’ve bought an unroadworthy car from a garage - what are my rights?
- the double glazing I had installed 6 months ago is letting in water, but the company who fitted them are refusing to help - what should I do?
- the TV I bought is faulty - I didn’t buy a guarantee at the time, could I still get it fixed?
- I keep getting junk mail through the post - can you tell me who can stop this?
- I can’t get my builder back to finish a job on my house - the roof is now leaking because of his negligence - could I get another builder in to fix the damage?
How to contact us
You can contact us by phone, fax, email, in writing or in person.
In this section
If you are an Anglesey resident or a business based on Anglesey with a consumer or trading standards related query, you are entitled to free, expert advice from Anglesey Trading Standards.
Buy With Confidence is one of the largest local authority assured trader schemes in England and Wales.
Anglesey Trading Standards are working closely with North Wales Police and local partnerships to reduce this type of crime.
Cheap tobacco is costing more than you might bargain for…