Trading standards serves the local community by promoting a safe and equitable trading environment, encouraging good business.
Trading Standards aim to provide an impartial, professional, and confidential service to residents of the Isle of Anglesey on consumer matters. First line consumer advice is provided by the Citizen’s Advice consumer service on 03454 04 05 06 (Mon - Fri 09:00 - 17:00) or by visiting www.adviceguide.org.uk
When we can help you
- we will signpost those seeking advice on consumer matters to the Citizen’s Advice consumer service
- we will visit consumers at their home when appropriate
- we will negotiate in disputes between consumers identified as vulnerable and business in an unbiased and fair manner
- we will identify any unfair or illegal trading practices and refer them to the enforcement section for investigation
- we will educate consumers and businesses as to their rights and obligations under consumer civil law
When we cannot help you
- we can only advise and assist those in civil consumer disputes if the individual(s) are identified as vulnerable
- we can advise and assist in the preparation of a civil claim for vulnerable consumers only but we cannot take the court action on a person’s behalf
- we cannot intervene or negotiate a settlement in trader/trader disputes but can signpost traders seeking advice on consumer matters to the Citizen’s Advice consumer service.
- we are not in a position to offer judgement on a particular company’s trading practices unless that information is already in the public domain
Our service standards
- we will respond to all written complaints within 3 working days.
- we will respond to all email complaints within 1 working day.
- we will respond to all social media complaints within 1 working day.
- we will endeavour to complete at least 75% of complaints within 3 months of being received and update complainants on ongoing matters every 21 days.
How to contact us
You can contact us by phone, fax, email, in writing or in person.
In this section
If you are an Anglesey resident or a business based on Anglesey with a consumer or trading standards related query, you can get expert advice from Anglesey Trading Standards
This scheme provides consumers with a list of local businesses which have given their commitment to trading fairly.
Anglesey Trading Standards are working closely with North Wales Police and local partnerships to reduce this type of crime.
Cheap tobacco is costing more than you might bargain for…