This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Bus passes - older and disabled people

Pensioners and some eligible disabled persons are able to travel free of charge on all local bus services throughout Wales.

Who can have a pass?

You are entitled to a pass if you are a permanent Isle of Anglesey resident and are:

  • aged 60 or over or
  • blind or partially sighted or
  • profoundly or severely deaf - without speech or
  • disabled or with an injury having a substantial and long term adverse impact on your ability to walk 
  • without arms or long term loss of the use of both arms or
  • with a learning disability, that is, a state of arrested or incomplete development mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social funtioning or
  • unable to be granted, if an application was made, a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, pursuant to section 92 of the act (physical fitness) otherwise than on the grounds of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol.

Require a carer to travel?

A severely disabled person may request a companion pass so that they would have the assistance of one companion when making a journey. A person is eligible to receive a companion pass where medical opinion advises that they are unable to make a journey by public transport themselves. However, the effect of the disability need not be such that the pass holder will require the help of a companion on every journey. Medical evidence is required to confirm eligibility.

How much does the pass cost?

There will be no charge for issuing the pass, although Isle of Anglesey County Council will make a charge for replacing a lost pass.

Application forms

You can download a copy of the application form below. Please print off and fill in the application form. Details of where to send it are on the form.

Paper copies of the form are available from local libraries. You can also request an application form by contacting the Highways and Transportation Service - the contact details are on the right-hand side of this page.

How we use your personal information

The information provided on this form will be used for administration data purposes. It may be disclosed to other departments within the council and other relevant agencies in accordance with the council’s registration under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Contact the Highways and Transportation Service

Isle of Anglesey County Council
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Main Tel: 01248 752300
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 24 May 2018 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?