This webpage has been developed during the Covid-19 epidemic so that children can continue to develop their road safety skills and awareness.
If you have any questions, or photos of your children completing the challenges, please email RoadSafety@anglesey.gov.uk
This week's challenge
This week's challenge is to adjust your helmet so it fits your head correctly and safely. Watch the video below for more information and take a look at the attached worksheet.
Email your photos to: DiogelwchYFfyrdd@ynysmon.gov.uk
Would you like the opportunitly to take part in a Wales wide competition? Would you like to win a prize? This may be the challenge for you! It is a poster competition run by Road Safety Wales who are based in Cardiff. We will share the winning entries here. Good luck children and young people from Anglesey! Here are the details.
Young people aged up to 18 are invited to design a poster that will promote the safe use of active travel, the benefits of 20 mph speed limits on communities or to encourage safer driver behaviour across Wales. The winning entries will be shared on Road Safety Wales Partner social media channels.
- Posters should ideally be A4 in size and of landscape orientation, not portrait.
- Artwork can be created using digital or non-digital formats.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entries should be submitted to Road Safety Wales, 2 Cwrt-y-Parc, Parc Ty Glas, Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 5GH or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All artwork must be original and not subject to copyright laws or discriminate toward any individual, company or organisation.
- The winning entries will be judged on originality, creativity, impact and the message being portrayed.
Winning entries will receive a cheque for £50 from Road Safety Wales and up to 5 winners will be selected after the competition closes on Friday 12th June 2020.
We look forward to viewing your entry.