Skip to content

Isle of Anglesey County Council

Travel passes

Bus and rail rover tickets

These tickets are subject to change at short notice.

Bus passes 16 - 18

Discounted travel on public transport for 16 - 18 year olds across Wales.

Bus passes - older and disabled people

Over 60 bus pass - Pensioners and some eligible disabled persons are able to travel free of charge on all local bus services throughout Wales.

You are entitled to a pass if you are a permanent Isle of Anglesey resident and are:

  • aged 60 or over or
  • blind or partially sighted or
  • profoundly or severely deaf - without speech
  • has a disability, or has suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to walk
  • does not have arms or has long-term loss of the use of both arms
  • has a learning disability, that is, a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning, or
  • would, if he / she applied for the grant of a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, have his/her application application refused pursuant to section 92 of that Act (physical fitness) otherwise than on the ground of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol

There will be no charge for issuing the pass, although Isle of Anglesey County Council will make a charge for replacing a lost pass.

A severely disabled person may request a companion pass so that they would have the assistance of one companion when making a journey.

A person is eligible to receive a companion pass where medical opinion advises that they are unable to make a journey by public transport themselves.

However, the effect of the disability need not be such that the pass holder will require the help of a companion on every journey. Medical evidence is required to confirm eligibility.

You can download a copy of the application form below. Please print off and fill in the application form. Details of where to send it are on the form.

Paper copies of the form are available from local libraries.

You can also request an application form by contacting the Highways and Transportation Service - the contact details are on the right-hand side of this page.