If you’re not able to get to the mobile library because of an accident, illness or disability you may be interested in our housebound service.
Our housebound service is available to anyone on Anglesey who has difficulty in using their local or mobile library.
Difficulties in using the library may be short term or permanent. You (or the person you care for) may be unable to:
- leave home or other place of residence
- travel to the library
- gain easy access to the library
- carry materials to and from the library
The following people are the ones most likely to experience some or all of these difficulties:
- infirm and confused older people
- people with physical disabilities
- people with sensory impairments, particularly those whose eyesight is seriously impaired
- people with serious or acute mental disability
- people with specific mental health problems, such as agoraphobia
- people suffering from an illness, or recovering from an accident or surgery
- people who cannot use the library whilst they are caring for one of the above, or because of other regular caring duties
- young children in the care of any of the above
If you would like to be considered for this service, either for yourself or for someone you care for, please contact your local library. Please note that there is occasionally a waiting list for the housebound service.