Joining the library is free.
Visit your local library with one form of identification, that contains your address e.g. driving licence or utility bill. If you are under 16 years old you will receive a consent form for internet use, for your parent or guardian to sign.
All you need to start borrowing items from your local library is a current library card. You can use your library card in any public library on Anglesey as well as in Conwy and Gwynedd public libraries. No items can be borrowed without presenting a current library card.
You can also join on-line by downloading a membership form below and sending the form via our online form.
Your library card will be sent through the post to you and you will need to present it with one form of identification when you visit the library for the first time.
Visit your local library
Online Library Account
- You can manage your own library account online through our library catalogue.
- You will need your PIN number to log on to your account to verify your loans, renew your items, or to request a specific item.
- You will receive your PIN number when you join the library.
Forgotten your PIN?
If you are already a member of the library, and your email address is registered to your account, you can use the ‘Forgotten PIN’ function on the library catalogue.
Once you have become a member, you may:
- borrow up to 10 items for 3 weeks at a time on your library card
- borrow DVDs, videos and music CDs, for a reasonable price for a week at a time
- use the library computers free of charge
- download e-books, audiobooks and magazines free of charge
- use online library resources free of charge
An extended loan can be arranged in special circumstances, for example, if you are going on holiday or going into hospital. We can also arrange long term loans for students.
Schools, nurseries and playgroups etc can also arrange to borrow a greater number of books and other materials on an extended loan.
You can return your items to any of Anglesey’s public libraries. If you bring your books or other items back late, you will have to pay a small fine for each day that each individual item is overdue.