Isle of Anglesey County Council is currently working in partnership with the Welsh Government to deliver a Targeted Regeneration Investment Programme in Holyhead.
As part of the Scheme, the Empty Homes Team is able to provide limited financial support to landlords / empty property owners to bring empty domestic properties back into use for rent to tenants from the Council’s Housing Register or at an affordable rent within the limit of the Local Housing Allowance.
To be eligible for consideration, properties must be 2 bedroom terrace or semi-detached and located in Holyhead.
To be considered for the scheme, please complete an Expression of Interest form available on request from the Empty Homes Team by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the form below.
Please note that an offer of a grant is not guaranteed until the owner / landlord has received a formal approval from the Council. Any works undertaken prior to receiving approval would not be eligible for grant and would be at your own cost.
- This type of assistance is discretionary
- Property must be empty for a minimum of six months and in need of renovation
- Property must be a 2-bedroom terrace or semi-detached and located in Holyhead
- Applicants must be the registered owner(s) of the property
- To qualify for grant assistance the property owner must enter into a Nomination Right Agreement with the Council for a period of 5 years and/or agree to let the property at an affordable rent which is within the local housing allowance for a period of 5 years
- Eligible works must be agreed, upon inspection by the Council
- Work must be completed by the 28th of February 2020
- The property should be let to tenants on the Council Housing Register for a period of five years as noted within the Nomination Rights Agreement. In the event that a nomination is not received within twenty-eight working days of completion of the work, the landlord may let the property independently at an affordable rent level not exceeding the Local Housing Allowance rate for that type of property at the time of letting
- The percentage of grant that can be awarded will be 70% of the total cost of works, up to a maximum of £20,000
- Evidence of adequate finance to meet the shortfall between the total cost of works and the grant awarded will be required
- The grant will be secured as a local land charge for a period of 5 years from the date of completion of work and must be repaid in full if the applicant sells the property before the end of the agreed period or breaches the terms of the Nomination Right Agreement
- The grant will be paid on completion of works when grant is under £10,000 and in two stages, at 50% and on completion of work when in excess of £10,000
Any queries relating to the scheme or grant conditions should be referred to:
Empty Homes Officer
Anglesey County Council
Tel: 01248 752283 / 752301