The introduction of Alert Level 4 has had an impact on a number of our services.
Please find below a full list of affected services and those which are still available.
Highways, Waste and Property
- Penhesgyn and Gwalchmai Recycling Centres remain open.
- The following toilets – managed by the Council – will remain open – Trearddur Bay, Breakwater Country Park, Holyhead, Llangefni, Amlwch and Menai Bridge.
- Bulky waste collections will continue.
- The work of maintaining the roads and council property will continue as usual, maintaining social distancing regulations
- Essential work will continue on our schools during the Christmas holidays
- Council car parks will remain open
- Public footpaths will remain open unless there is a case or special circumstances meaning they need to be closed.
- We will ensure that the gritting of essential roads continues
Regulation and Economic Development
- Leisure centres are now closed until further notice.
- Anglesey Business Centre, in Llangefni, remains closed
- No Planning (including Building Regulation) site visits (except for emergencies/ urgent issues).
- Registration services to remain available.
- Holyhead Breakwater Country Park and Dingle Local Nature Reserve (Llangefni) to remain open as areas for residents only to exercise – social distancing measures to be re-enforced.
- Porth Amlwch to remain open as commercial port.
- We will undertake emergency maintenance work on the homes of our tenants
- Repair and maintenance appointments will be disrupted. Affected tenants will be contacted directly
- We will continue with the statutory servicing work on central heating boilers
- Continue to deal with individuals who present themselves homeless and continue to support individuals who are in emergency housing
- Co-ordinate arrangements for the community support that is available over the Christmas period.
- We will let houses to individuals who are moving on from emergency housing
Social Services (Children and Adult Services)
- Both Children and Families and Adults Social Services will move to emergency/necessary visiting arrangements
- Teulu Môn (children), Single Point of Access (adults) and the Out of Hours Service remain open to receive all Safeguarding contacts
- Essential visits only to care homes in special circumstances
- Home care provision continues
- Children and Families Service statutory provision continues with some elements being done virtually
- Oriel Môn in Llangefni is now closed to the public until further notice
- Libraries will remain open for the Click and Collect Service only
- Our Archives in Llangefni is closed to the public but will operate an email enquiry service via email@example.com