Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

What does my Council Tax pay for?

We recognise the financial difficulties residents may have in paying their Council Tax due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

However, Council Tax amounts to around 30% of the Council’s income, income which will be required to fund vital services during the forthcoming months. We expect that taxpayers try to maintain their monthly payments, as set out in their Council Tax bill.

Should taxpayers experience difficulties in meeting their monthly payments due to loss of work and a reduction in income, then help is available through the Council Tax Reduction Scheme which would reduce individual bills or reduce the liability to £0.

Where taxpayers are not eligible for help under the Council Tax Reduction Scheme and are experiencing difficulties to pay their Council Tax, then they are encouraged to contact the Council Tax team as soon as possible on 01248 750057 or email: to discuss

If you have any questions about your Council Tax or Business Rate bill please read our Frequently Asked Questions.

There are three components to your Council Tax.

  • one part goes to Isle of Anglesey County Council
  • another part goes to the Police and Crime Commissioner
  • and another part to town and community councils

Isle of Anglesey County Council is responsible for collecting the money on their behalf, but the police and the town and community councils decide their own levels Council Tax.


Necessary cookies are required for basic functions such as page navigation and managing content delivery. The website cannot function properly without these cookies and cannot be disabled.



Preference cookies enable the website to remember your language preference or optional controls.



Analytical and statistics cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website by collecting and reporting information anonymously.