Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Making an official complaint

Please be aware that the Council may take longer to respond to any correspondence or complaints, due to the Council’s response to Covid- 19.

Thank you for your understanding.

Complaints can usually be dealt with on the spot by having a word with the person providing the service. This could be a receptionist, staff at the local leisure centre, a van driver or roadmen. If you have a general complaint, enquiry or comment about the Isle of Anglesey County Council or about Council services please fill in our online form.

General enquiry/comments form

If your problem cannot be settled there and then you are able to make an “official” complaint.

You can make an official complaint by registering on our online portal and filling in the form or by downloading the official complaints form and sending it to:

The Customer Care Officer, Legal Section, Council Offices, Llangefni, LL77 7TW

Make an official complaint

How do I register on the online portal?

You will need to use an email address to create a secure account to register with our online portal. You will also need to agree to our terms and conditions, which gives us permission to hold and use your personal information in accordance with our privacy and data protection policies.

Important note: When registering to use the portal for the first time, you will be asked to go to your email account, open the email that we will have just sent you and click on the link to activate your account. You will not be able to login to the My Account portal or use the forms without activating your account from the link in the email. If you don’t think you’ve received an email, please check your Spam folder. We can check and activate the account manually if required, please let us know if this is something you want us to do.

Please note that there is a separate complaints procedure for social services

Definition of a ‘complaint’

Whether about the Council itself, a person acting on its behalf, or a partnership, a complaint is:

  • An expression of dissatisfaction or concern
  • Either written or spoken or made by any other communication method
  • Made by one or more members of the public
  • About the Council’s action or lack of action or
  • About the standard of service provided

A complaint is not:

  • An initial request for a service, such as reporting a missed bin collection
  • An appeal against a properly made decision
  • A means to seek change to legislation or a properly made policy decision
  • A means for lobbying groups/organisations to seek to promote a cause

The Concerns and Complaints Policy forms part of Isle of Anglesey Council Constitution (section 5.7).

The Education Department also operates a separate complaints procedure for schools as each school has its own complaints policy. They can be obtained by contacting the relevant school.

Complaints relating to the Welsh language - If you wish to make a complaint relating to the Council’s compliance with Welsh Language Standards or a failure on the Council’s part to provide a bilingual service, please use this procedure.  You also have the right to directly refer any complaints relating to the Welsh language to the Welsh Language Commissioner