From January 1st, 2005 the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR) came into force. These give individuals and organisations a general legal right of access to information held by the council.
A lot of council information is already available, and much of it is on our website.
If you cannot find what you are looking for please write to the address shown or contact email@example.com
When requesting information please do so in writing and include the following details:
- your name and address
- daytime contact number/ email
- the information/documents you require. Please provide as full a description as possible of the information you require and make the information as specific as possible
- the way you would like the information sent to you if in hard copy or email etc.
You might find the “All Services” tab helpful in identifying the services which the council provides.
If you make a request, you must be informed:
- whether the council has that information
- and, if it does (and it is not exempt), you must be supplied with the information within twenty working days