This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Alcohol, entertainment and late night food licences

The Isle of Anglesey County Council is responsible for the licensing of regulated activities under the Licensing Act 2003.

Activities that need to be licensed are:

  • The sale by retail of alcohol
  • The supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to, or to the order of a member of the club
  • The provision of late night refreshment (the supply of hot food or drink from a premises between 11pm and 5am
  • The provision of regulated entertainment

Regulated entertainment requires a licence when it is performed in front of an audience and includes the following

  • A theatrical performance
  • Film exhibition
  • Indoor sporting event
  • Boxing or wrestling entertainment
  • Live music performance
  • Playing of recorded music
  • Performance of dance
  • Provision of dancing facilities
  • Provision of facilities for making music

The provision of any or all of the above activities must be authorized by obtaining a Premises Licenses, Club premises Certificate or a Temporary Event Notice (T.E.N)

We provide an up to date list of current Premises licence applications.


The Licensing Act 2003 allows for certain activities to be exempt from requiring a licence or authorisation. These include, religious services and places of worship, films in museums, garden fates and vehicles in motion. If you think that an activity you are planning to provide may be exempt from requiring a licence or authorisation please contact us to discuss the details.

Contact Public Protection

Regulatory and Economic Development
Council Offices
Isle of Anglesey
LL77 7TW
Trading Standards:
General enquiries: 01248 752840
Fax: 01248 752884
Environmental Health:
General enquiries: (01248) 752820
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 15 December 2016 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?