This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Financial advice

Debt can be very overwhelming. A change in your circumstances, for example, reduction in benefits, loss of employment, long term health issues or a relationship breakdown can impact on your ability to pay debts and you could end up in serious financial trouble if you do not seek immediate help.

This page covers just some of the options that are available to you.

For free and impartial advice, we would strongly advise you to contact an independent debt advice agency such as CAB or the National Debtline for free on 0808 808 4000 That are open Monday – Friday 9am - 9pm and Saturday 9.30am - 1pm.

Lots of people who could claim benefits are missing out because they don’t know what is available to them. In general, benefits are not backdated, so don’t delay, contact the J E O’Toole Centre today to make sure you’re getting all the benefits you’re entitled to.

If you are a social housing tenant (renting from the council) call our Financial Inclusion Officer to help with opening a bank account, help to budget your money into monthly payments, help to find the best online deals for your household bills and much more. Telephone 07776 047047 or 01248 752 267

Alternatively you can access Môn Communities First and make an appointment with an independent Financial Inclusion Officer on 01407 762 004 or email

If you are in a Communities First area please click here for more information

If you need support from a Registered Social Landlord, their contact details are:

Clwyd Alyn – Tel: 0800 1835757. Text: 07786202533

Grwp Cynefin - 0300 111 2122 website:

North Wales Housing – 01248 370227. Email:

Contact Housing Service

Housing Service
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Housing Customer Services: (01248) 752200
Council Housing Repairs and maintenance: 08081 68 56 52 (24 hours)
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Contact Finance Service

Isle of Anglesey County Council
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Tel: (01248) 752658
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg
Email:Council tax/Business Rates
Email:Council tax benefits

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 14 August 2014 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?