Tips on how to avoid a parking fine
As the vehicle driver, it is your responsibility to park correctly. Here are some reminders of where not to park.
- in areas where waiting and loading restrictions are in force at the time
- in a reserved bay (eg for blue badge holders) without displaying a valid permit
- at a bus stop
- on mandatory zig-zag lines outside a school or by pedestrian crossings – collecting or dropping off children is not an acceptable excuse, your vehicle causes a serious safety hazard
- on the pavement or on the grass verges behind waiting restriction in force at the time
- in a pay & display space without paying for a ticket
- for longer that any waiting restriction or on return to the space within the stated time limit
- outside a marked parking bay
- don’t overstay the time period you have paid in a pay & display space
If you aren’t sure, check what is on the sign which applies to the place where you are thinking of parking.
Parking your vehicle correctly and safely will help to keep Anglesey safe and pleasant for everyone.
If it is some years since you passed your driving test, as is the case for many of us, consider referring to a copy of the Highway Code and having a look through it. Many speed limits, signs and regulations have changed over the years and it’s worth making sure you are up to date.