What is car sharing?
Car sharing is when two or more people share a car and travel together. It allows people to benefit from the convenience of the car, whilst alleviating the associated problems of congestion and pollution.
When can I share a car?
You can share a car for any journey - getting to work, doing the weekly shop, taking the children to school, going to the match at the weekend, travelling to a festival, event or show, getting to or from university, visiting friends or getting to the airport.
What are the benefits of sharing a car?
- saves you money - travelling with others enables you to reduce your transport costs by up to £1000 a year
- reduces the number of cars on the roads - resulting in less congestion, less pollution and fewer parking problems
- provides a real solution to the transport problems of rural areas
- gives employees and employers more transport options
- reduces the need for a private car
In this section
A new service has been launched for the people of North Wales aimed at reducing the number of cars on the roads, cutting pollution, saving money and protecting the environment.