This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Before you apply for planning permission

Guidance on when planning permission is required and pre application advice.

In order to reflect the increase in the costs of delivering the service, fees are charged for certain categories of pre-planning advice. Please see the document below for the schedule of fees

This section sets out a broad range of issues that you might usefully think about before submitting the application forms.

Take care!

If you build something which needs planning or building regulation permission without obtaining permission first, you may be forced to put things right later, which could prove troublesome and costly. You might even have to knock down the work. This action is known as “Enforcement”.

General planning advice

General planning advice is available at our reception desk in our offices at Llangefni between 10.30am and 3pm. Monday to Friday.

However if you need to speak to someone regarding a specific planning matter or if you wish to discuss your needs outside of these hours, we strongly recommend that you make an appointment. We can then make sure the right person is available to advise you, and minimise any inconvenience.

A charge for this advice may be required.

Please note: Building Control advice is available between 8.45 and 5pm.

Professional agents

It is common practise to appoint professional agents to act on your behalf. The professional bodies/institutes of planners, architects and chartered surveyors all produce membership lists which you can consult if special advice is required

Development Team

We operate an inter-departmental meeting to consider pre-application proposals. The development team meets every two weeks. For further information please contact the department.

Business support

If your project has economic, or other employment implications, arrangements can be made for you to meet with advisors from the Anglesey Business Centre. They can help with advice on grant systems, business grants, training funds, etc that may be relevant to your project.

Housing renovation grants

Your application for a house renovation grant is being dealt with by the Housing Department. You may also need planning permission or approval under the building regulations or both. It is your responsibility to find out if planning or building regulation permission is required which must be granted before any work begins.

Planning Aid Wales

Planning Aid Wales is an independent charity providing advice and support on all aspects of land use planning in Wales.

Visit our website or call the planning helpline service on 02920 625 000 for more information.

Please be creative!

Please remember that the design, planning and development process are not checklist exercises. The investment you make could alter the character and quality of communities on the island for decades to come as well as enhancing the value of your property.

We want people to be creative and respond to the need for sustainable forms of development that help to improve the quality of life for everyone.

Contact Planning and Public Protection Service

Sustainable Development Directorate
Isle of Anglesey County Council
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Main reception: 01248 752428
Building Control: 01248 752222
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 2 February 2017 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?