This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

The Planning Service - Building Control

If you want to carry out building work on a property, find out whether it is subject to the Building Regulations.

The Planning Portal

Building Control deals with statutory duties under the Building Act 1984, Building Regulations 2000 and associated legislation. The legislation sets out acceptable standards of construction and the service ensures that these standards are met, by checking and approving drawings and calculations as well as inspecting work in progress. We also determine a variety of building regulations applications which include new dwellings, domestic and commercial extensions, change of use and both commercial and industrial developments.

We offer:   

  • pre-application discussions
  • assistance with general enquiries on building regulation matters
  • direct consultation with other departments within the authority on submitted applications
  • advice when dealing with contaminated land
  • consultation with the fire officer when dealing with designated buildings
  • investigation of dangerous structures
  • LANTAC National Type Approval Scheme

Copies of the relevant forms and inspection charges may be downloaded for customer use and these should be used for the submission of applications.  Please see the links below.

At the present time applications cannot be submitted electronically, however the service is committed to persuing ‘on-line’ submission.

How to submit your application:

  • by post (please send a cheque, not cash) to the Planning Service.
  • in person at the Planning Service reception desk

The Planning Portal is the UK Government’s online planning and building regulations resource.

To learn about planning and building regulations, apply for planning permission, appeal against a decision and find out about development near you, please visit the Planning Portal website.

If you are having construction or refurbishment work done, you may need to notify the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and you may have other duties as well.

Contact Planning and Public Protection Service

Sustainable Development Directorate
Isle of Anglesey County Council
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Main reception: 01248 752428
Building Control: 01248 752222
Fax: 01248 752412
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 19 May 2006 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?