eBooks - download for free!
If you’re a member of Isle of Anglesey County Council Libraries you can borrow eBooks from the comfort of your own home using our new books eBooks service, at any time of the day! This free service is part of a national project funded by the Welsh Government.
You can borrow eBooks by downloading them to your computer, using your library membership card number (omitting the GWP and any spaces) and PIN. You can select, borrow and reserve your ebooks from the eBooks for Wales website.
- There are loads of books to choose from, from well known authors to self help books, classic fiction to cookery books as well as a range of children’s and young people books. A small amount of Welsh books is currently available, but this will increase soon.
- eBooks can be downloaded on to your PC or laptop, then transferred to your smart phone, tablet PC or a compatible eReader. The only device which you won’t be able to use is the Kindle, which works with Amazon software only. A list of compatible devices is available on the website.
- You can borrow up to four eBooks at a time, for up to three weeks. After this period they will disappear from your device.
- Each title on the website can be lent to one person at a time, i.e. one title = one loan, due to license obligations.
- The eBook service allows you to place reservations if the title you require is not available; and by submitting your email address, you will be informed as soon as the book becomes available.
So go ahead, download and enjoy, anytime, anywhere!