The Workforce Development Unit
The Workforce Development Unit facilitates and promotes the provision of learning and development opportunities across the whole of the Social Care workforce in Anglesey.
Workforce development equips staff and service providers with skills and knowledge so that they can effectively deliver and improve services to children, young people, vulnerable adults and families. Workforce development can include: training; qualifications; induction; work shadowing; supervision; appraisals; reading; coaching and mentoring.
Our purpose is to develop a confident, competent and capable workforce across the independent, private and voluntary sectors. This includes nursery settings, playgroups, schools, independent care homes, children’s social care and local voluntary groups. Our specific remit is to identify and meet the needs of the whole of the adults, children and education workforces on the Isle of Anglesey, now and into the future. This includes forward-planning to meet future challenges, and to prepare for the changes arising from the Welsh Government’s Social Services and Wellbeing Bill, due to be implemented by 2016/17.
What We Do
We provide two key services:
- a strategic and proactive learning and development needs assessment service, and
- a customer focused professional training and learning resource service that meets identified learning and development needs.
Our responsibilities include:
- Helping to identify and address workforce development needs
- Providing a range of high quality, cost effective learning solutions to meet identified needs
- Promoting the importance of integrated working and techniques of how to do this effectively
- Supporting managers in their role of developing staff
- Developing and facilitating a Professional Development Programme designed specifically for staff within Adult and Children’s Services
- Working collaboratively with partner agencies.