Resources and Support
Books, CD and DVD
The Unit has a wide variety of resources, including books and DVDs, free to loan at our lending library: former Shire Hall, Glanhwfa Road, Llangefni
Opening Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Tel: 01248 752 943
Disclaimer: These items are for loan only and charges for items may be applied unless returned within the agreed loan period. If items are overdue you will be unable to loan other resources until the previous items are returned.
Advice can be offered on a variety of suitable e-learning modules available for staff and the public to be taken in their own time
A new develop in social media are web based resources/training available. We are also able to help you identify these additional resources.
The Unit staff can assist you with following:
- Advice on how to undertake training needs analysis for yourself and your staff
- Helping you to identify appropriate mentoring and/or coaching opportunities for yourself or your staff
- Advice on the statutory duties that you should covering with the training of your staff
- Advice on appropriate avenues of training and up-skilling for yourself and staff, both from ourselves and alternate training providers
- Advice on how to embed and evaluate the effectiveness of the training that your staff undertake
- Signposting to other training and learning and development resources and opportunities
- Access to apply for a training bursary for need that is not met within the existing plan
Signposting to other training providers:
- Voluntary Sector resources, see www.medrwmon.org
- Further Education resources, see colegmenai
- The Open University
- Children in Wales
- British Association of Adoption and Fostering
- Fostering Network
We welcome any enquiries that you may have and will endeavour to help you to identify suitable learning resources. If you wish to discuss any of the above then please do not hesitate to contact the Unit.