About the Anglesey Workforce Development Partnership Board
The Partnership, led by the local authority, is made up of key stakeholders from independent providers, the voluntary sector, or other organisations and agencies who contribute to the work of social care employers and staff.
Staff learning and development needs to be planned, resourced, delivered and evaluated effectively. The Partnership aims to support and supplement what employers already provide, by organising training across the social care workforce as a whole – ‘one sector, one workforce’.
As a Partnership, our aims are to:
- Continue to develop and improve the quality and management of bilingual social care provision
- lead on developing and implementing a co-ordinated collaborative framework for recruiting, retaining and developing the total social care workforce in Anglesey,
- increase the proportion of staff across the whole social care sector with the qualifications, skills and knowledge they need for the work they do;
- facilitate the coordination of cost effective and appropriate training;
- Anticipate and plan for the challenges faced as a result of the Welsh Government’s Social Services and Wellbeing Bill, regarding quality services driven by highly trained and skilled staff and placing the service-user’s voice central to the delivery of the service.
The Partnership terms of reference, can be found at (insert pdf of TOR
The work of the Partnership is governed by a Partnership Board, consisting of members representing the full range of stakeholder interests meeting six times per year. Click here for the current Board membership (link to Who we are)
Membership of the Partnership is open to all service users and carers, public service commissioned service providers; organisations providing social care, health and support services and education/training providers, providing services to the Isle of Anglesey and registered with CCISW.
Partners can contribute towards the work of Partnership through involvement in Board and Focus Group activities, and through meetings of the full Partnership in March and September each year.
For further details on joining the Partnership, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Focus Group meet on a regular basis to discuss current needs and agree training priorities for the next 3 months.
How to Contact the Partnership Board
You can contact the Anglesey Partnership Board by writing to CareWorkforce@anglesey.gov.uk or by phone: 01248 752943
You are of course welcome to directly contact any member of the Partnership Board if you feel that your particular issue is most relevant to them.