Housing Support Service
Helping to prevent homelessness.
Are you having difficulties in your current home? Do you need housing related support to help you live independently and safely?
What is Housing Support?
Housing floating support is a free, short term service available for people who are having difficulties managing their home and staying independent in the community. Our Support Officers can help you deal with a crisis and improve your skills and confidence to take control of your life and make your own decisions.
What can I get help with?
Depending on your needs, we can help you:
- Set up and settle into your new home.
- Report repairs, sort out rent and other tenancy issues.
- Manage your money, bills and budget.
- Fill forms and write letters.
- Access welfare benefits.
- Arrange appointments and meetings.
- Access other services.
- Develop life skills such as cooking, cleaning and shopping.
- Access training, education and employment.
- Access leisure activities.
- Stay in contact with family and friends.
We can’t help with personal or health care.
Who can get Housing Support?
The service is available to Anglesey residents who are 16 or over, living in any type of accommodation, including home owners. We support single people and families who are committed to working with us.
You may need support for a variety of reasons, such as:
- You are moving into new or unsupported accommodation.
- You are having difficulties with your current accommodation and may be at risk of losing your home.
- You are leaving hospital, prison or care and need support to live independently.
- You are homeless and living in temporary accommodation.
- You are struggling with mental health problems.
- You have issues with drugs or alcohol.
- You are fleeing domestic violence.
How do I apply for a Service?
You can either refer yourself or give your permission for someone else to make a referral on your behalf. You can request a referral form by:
Contacting Housing Customer Services on 01248 752200; or
Telephone the Housing Support Service directly on 01407 765912; or
If you require this information in another format or language, please let us know and we will do our best to comply with your request.