This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Empty homes - what power does the council have?

Whenever possible we will try to improve housing standards.

Empty house

We do this by providing information, guidance and general support to landlords, leaseholders and owner occupiers.

However, when your empty home is causing a nuisance and negotiaitions do not succeed, there are a range of powers which can be used to make sure that the property is re-used. The three main enforcement powers are:

  • enforced sale
  • compulsory purchase orders
  • empty dwelling management orders

Contact Housing Service

Housing Service
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Housing Customer Services: (01248) 752200
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg
Council Housing Repairs and maintenance: 08081 68 56 52

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 25 January 2012 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?