This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Empty homes - having building work done

What are your options?

Repaired house


Make sure you work out a proper budget before you start refurbishing an empty home. The Empty Homes Agency suggests budgeting for a contingency of at least 10%, and if the property is very dilapidated, nearer 25%.


Building work may affect your home and contents insurance - contact your own insurance company.

Legal restrictions

It’s great to have imaginative plans for redeveloping an empty home, but if they won’t get planning approval or building consent, you need to think again. Talk to our Planning Department sooner rather than later so you don’t waste time and money.

Choosing your builder

Building work can be expensive and stressful, so it is important you choose the right builder to work for you. There are a number of websites that you can visit for advice on choosing your builder.

Contact Housing Service

Housing Service
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Housing Customer Services: (01248) 752200
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg
Council Housing Repairs and maintenance: 08081 68 56 52

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 25 January 2012 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?