This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Empty homes - before letting your empty home

Who do you need to consult?

Repaired property

Whichever way you choose to let your empty home, you may be required to consult and/or obtain the consent of other people such as:

  • your mortgage lender
  • your freeholder (if you want to let a leasehold flat)
  • Isle of Anglesey county Council’s Planning Department - structural changes to a property or a change in the way it is used, may require formal planning permission or constitute a change of use
  • Isle of Anglesey County Council’s Private Sector Housing Team ensures that privately rented accommodation complies with the requirements of the Housing Acts and related legislation and will give advice as to whether any works are required to ensure compliance. This is particularly important for Houses in Multiple Occupation.
  • Council Tax
  • Your property insurance company
  • Your Tax Office or accountant

Contact Housing Service

Housing Service
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Housing Customer Services: (01248) 752200
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg
Council Housing Repairs and maintenance: 08081 68 56 52

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 25 January 2012 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?