Empty homes - before letting your empty home
Who do you need to consult?
Whichever way you choose to let your empty home, you may be required to consult and/or obtain the consent of other people such as:
- your mortgage lender
- your freeholder (if you want to let a leasehold flat)
- Isle of Anglesey county Council’s Planning Department - structural changes to a property or a change in the way it is used, may require formal planning permission or constitute a change of use
- Isle of Anglesey County Council’s Private Sector Housing Team ensures that privately rented accommodation complies with the requirements of the Housing Acts and related legislation and will give advice as to whether any works are required to ensure compliance. This is particularly important for Houses in Multiple Occupation.
- Council Tax
- Your property insurance company
- Your Tax Office or accountant