Doctors, GPs and hospitals
For information on chemists, dentists, doctors or opticians on Anglesey, and opening times, please telephone NHS Direct Wales on 0845 46 47 or look at their website - please follow the ‘websites’ tab above.
HOWIS is your online point of access to services including:
- NHS Wales Directory - Contact details for Accident & Emergency and other Hospitals, GP Surgeries, Pharmacies, Dental Practices, Opticians, NHS Trusts, Local Health Boards, Community Health Councils and other National Programmes and Services
- job vacancies - the official source for jobs in the NHS within Wales. Vacancies are added continually so please check regularly if you are interested in working for NHS Wales
- public health - information on public health issues and health advice for travellers (including information on the European Health Insurance card, or EHIC - the replacement for the E111)
- personal healthcare - health care advice and information on healthy living
- health watchdog - independent and confidential advice on problems you have encountered with the NHS
- health statistics - statistical resources about health service delivery and performance
- health publications - publications, reports and consultation documents issued by NHS Wales, Welsh Assembly Government and other statutory bodies
Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital, Bangor
Tel: 01248 384384 (accident and emergency)
Ysbyty Penrhos Stanley Hospital, Holyhead
Tel: 01407 766000 (minor accidents)
In this section
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board is the largest health organisation in Wales.