A young carer is a child or young person under 18 years old who helps look after someone at home who is not able to manage without their help because they are ill, have some kind of disability, feel depressed or may have a drugs / drink problem.
The Social Services Department operates a Young Carers Project on Anglesey with Action for Children (please see the ‘websites’ tab above).
We can provide:
- an assessment of your needs as a young carer
- an assessment of the needs of the dependent person
- a range of support services
- opportunities to have a break from caring, including the organisation of leisure activities and support groups
- practical help and support with your education