This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Social services complaints procedure for adults and children

Comments and Complaints - how to be heard

If you are unhappy with your social services, you have a right to make a comment or complain.

We aim for high standards but sometimes things do go wrong. Unless you tell us, we will not know that you are unhappy. If you contact us, we will be able to work with you to put things right as soon as possible.

With your help and that of the staff working with you, we can sort out your complaint. Regulations issued by the Welsh Government tell us how we must deal with complaints.

You can make a comment or a complaint by telephone, by email or by letter by contacting the designated complaints officer:

Designated Complaints Officer
Social Services
Community Department
Isle of Anglesey County Council
LL77 7TW

Tel: 01248 752 717


Looking after your personal information

If you make a complaint, we will respect your right to confidentiality. Although we will need to share the information you give us with others who might be dealing with your complaint, we will only do this if necessary.

Stages of the Complaints Process

These are the stages in the complaints process:

Complainants have the right to contact the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales if they continue to be dissatisfied after receiving the Stage 2 investigation response.

Concurrent Investigations

When matters are subject to concurrent consideration, your complaint may need to be put on hold until the concurrent proceedings have concluded. These proceedings could include legal proceedings, disciplinary proceedings, child protection investigations or adult protection (POVA) investigations.

If this is the case, we will inform you or the reason why we cannot consider your complaint under the Social Services Complaints Procedure at the moment. In such cases, you may, if you wish, resubmit your complaint after the concurrent consideration has concluded.

If you do not wish to complain about a service received by a social services service user, or you wish to complain to another department, please use our Corporate Complaints Procedure.

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 26 May 2017 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?