This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Financial support for post 16 students

Pupils from low-income families who wish to remain in school beyond the statutory school leaving age may be able to claim the Welsh Assembly Government’s Education Maintenance Allowance. For further information please contact your child’s secondary school or visit the EMA Wales website.

The EMA Wales website provides help and information for:

  • Students.  Find out how you could receive a weekly allowance by continuing in education.
  • Parents and guardians.  Find out how an EMA can help students with the day to day costs of continuing their education.
  • Learning Centres (Colleges, Schools and other institutions).  Find out what EMA means for your students and the role you have.

For further information please contact your child’s secondary school, EMA Wales Helpline on 0845 6028845, or visit the EMA Wales website.

Contact Education Service

Education Service
Department of Lifelong Learning
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Main reception: (01248) 750 057
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 23 January 2015 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?