Support with language and communication difficulty
Specialist Teachers - speech, language, communication difficulties and autism
The specialist teachers are qualified in teaching children with autism, speech, language and social communication difficulties.
- help children of pre-school age up to the age of 19
- assess communication skills
- give advice and support to teachers in order to ensure that the child gains access to a broad and balanced curriculum, including the National Curriculum
- give guidance to classroom assistants
- give advice and support to parents
- advise the LEA and schools on appropriate equipment and aids
- co-operate closely with other agencies, e.g.the Speech and Language Therapy Service and voluntary organisations
- foster the social and personal development of children with a hearing impairment
- offer training
- track and monitor pupil progress
Aims of the Service
To help learners with communication, language and speech difficulties to develop educationally to the best of their ability.
Provide a high-quality service within the Education Authority’s schools and in mainstream schools where appropriate.
If you require further information, please contact:
ALN Advisor and Line Manager
SEN Joint Committee
Gwynedd LL55 1SH
Tel: 01286 679 696
Fax: 01286 679 912