This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Hearing impairment support

Specialist teachers - hearing impairment

The specialist teachers are qualified in teaching children with a hearing impairment.


  • help children of pre-school age up to the age of 19
  • assess communication skills
  • give advice and support to teachers in order to ensure that the child gains access to a broad and balancedCurriculum, including the National Curriculum
  • give guidance to classroom assistants
  • give advice and support to parents
  • advise the LEA and schools on appropriate equipment and aids
  • co-operate closely with other agencies, e.g. Audiology, the Speech and Language Therapy Service andvoluntary organisations
  • teach deaf children regularly
  • introduce sign language as appropriate
  • foster the social and personal development of children with a hearing impairment
  • offer training
  • track and monitor pupil progress

Aims of the Service

To help hearing-impaired children to develop educationally to the best of their ability

Provide a high-quality service for deaf children within the Education Authority’s schools and in mainstream schools where appropriate

If you require further information, please contact:

Delyth Molyneux
ALN Advisor and Line Manager
SEN Joint Committee
Plas Llanwnda
Castle Street
Gwynedd LL55 1SH

Tel: 01286 679 696
Fax: 01286 679 912

Contact Anglesey's Special Educational Needs Services

General Enquiries
Tel:(01286) 679007
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 1 May 2012 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?