This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Information for Students

Extended work experience

“Extended” Work Experience is where a student will spend one or two days a week in a placement over an extended period of time.  This is usually used by a student who is working towards a qualification of some sort.

Finding a placement

Each school has a list of Available placements that students have used in the past and the Work Experience Co-ordinator can help you to use this list.

Another way is through a directory such as online sources.

Writing a letter or making a telephone call

You can either write a letter to, telephone or visit the employer you want to ask for a placement.  You must prepare carefully for each one and your form or group tutor at school can help you with this.  

The work experience logbook

You must have a work experience logbook which you will get from the work experience Co-ordinator in school.  This must be completed and your teachers will help you with this. It is also available to print from the ‘Documents’ tab.


Contact Education Service

Education Service
Department of Lifelong Learning
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
> Main reception: (01248) 750 057
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 19 September 2014 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?