This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Information for parents

Extended work experience

“Extended” work experience is fairly new and is where a student will spend one or two days a week in a placement over an extended period of time.  This is usually used by a student who is working towards a qualification of some sort.

Finding a placement

Each school has a list of placements that students have used in the past and the Work Experience Co-ordinator can help your son/daughter to use this list. Another way is through a directory such as “Yellow Pages”.

The work experience logbook

Your son or daughter must have a work experience logbook which they will get from the Work Experience Co-ordinator in school.  This must be completed and their teachers will help with this.


Contact Education Service

Education Service
Department of Lifelong Learning
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
> Main reception: (01248) 750 057
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 4 September 2014 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?