Anglesey - The Transformation Plan
The Transformation Plan sets out the way we hope to improve the authority over the next three years.
Our vision for Anglesey is that by 2016:
“we will be a professional and well-run Council, innovative and outward-looking in our approach, committed to developing people and partnerships in order to deliver efficient and effective services of good quality, that are highly valued by our citizens.”
This means that by 2016 the Isle of Anglesey Council will have:
- increased the pride in Anglesey, of its elected members, management, staff, services and amenities
- respect within the local government family in Wales, locally, regionally and nationally
- elected members, managers and staff who make a difference and grow in capability as a result
- an understanding of and be proactively managing the performance of our services, targeting improvement actions where and when this is needed
- areas of innovation, good practice and service excellence that other organisations seek to benchmark themselves against
- productive, transparent and trusting relationships with our partners
- satisfied our auditors in terms of leadership, governance and organisation
To achieve all this in three years, we need to ensure that there is enough pace to deliver improvement against a challenging timeframe. The Transformation Agenda needs to be structured in a way which ensures clarity of responsibility, direction and accountability, which ensures initiatives are ‘joined-up’ and which allows for effective progress monitoring and reporting. This is what the Transformation Plan sets out to do.
Anglesey’s Transformation Plan and progress reports can be downloaded below.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Bethan Jones, Deputy Chief Executive.