This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Making an Insurance claim against the Council

Advice before making a claim

You may be considering making a claim for damages to the Council due to a personal injury, damage to or loss of your property.

Making a claim does not automatically result in compensation, in many cases compensation is not paid. All claims are assessed on the basis of whether the Council has been legally at fault for the incident. Often events occur that are unfortunate but are not due to any party’s negligence.

The Council must protect the public funds it is responsible for. Any information you provide in relation to your claim may be shared with insurers, solicitors and other organisations, such as the police, to detect and prevent fraud. Any person found to be making (or assisting in the making) of a fraudulent claim will be liable to criminal prosecution.

How to make a claim

In order to report an incident and for your claim to be considered further you will need to complete the form below or write to the Council providing sufficient information explaining what has happened, when and where it happened, what injury, damage or loss was sustained as a result, and why you consider the Council at fault for the injury, damage or loss. Alternatively, you may wish to instruct solicitors to act on your behalf.

Provide as much information as possible regarding the incident as this reduces the likelihood of having to ask for additional information and cause delays in deciding your claim. Photographs and a map showing the exact location of the incident are helpful.

Completed forms or letters of claim should be sent by post or e-mail to the addresses shown below.

Solicitors presenting claims using the MoJ Portal may wish to note that the Council is insured by Zurich Municipal (portal ID: C00108) under policy number is QLA-04U002-0013.

What happens next ?

The Council or our insurer will acknowledge your claim within 21 days of receipt or as required under the MoJ Portal process.

Depending on the nature of the claim the Council will investigate the claim and decide whether it is at fault or will forward the claim to our insurer who will do the same. Further information may be asked for before a decision can be taken.

You may be asked for the original receipts, and /or estimates for replacing damaged or lost property, and also to confirm the age of such items. This is because any payment will take into account wear and tear.


By Post:  Risk and Insurance Manager
Isle of Anglesey County Council
County Offices
LL77 7TW

By E-mail:

By Phone: 01248 752609 / 752674

By DX: DX701771 Llangefni


Contact Finance Service

Isle of Anglesey County Council
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Tel: (01248) 752653/4/5/6
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg
Email:Council tax enquiries:

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 17 May 2016 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?