This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Thinking of getting married?

If you have decided to be married by civil ceremony on Anglesey you can be assured of an individual and special ceremony tailored to your own requirements.

Within these pages you will find all the information you need to arrange your civil marriage in a Register Office or Approved Venue, how to give notice of marriage for a civil or religious marriage and how to arrange a Registrar to attend your religious marriage if necessary.

  • If you are marrying in the Church of England or Church in Wales by Banns or Common Licence, you should contact your Vicar regarding any necessary legal preliminaries.
  • If you are marrying in any other sort of church or chapel or by civil ceremony in a Register Office or approved venue, notice of marriage has to be given personally to your local Superintendent Registrar.

Both of you must have lived in a registration district in England or Wales for at least seven days immediately before giving notice at the Register Office.

  • If you both live in the same district, you should both attend your local Register Office to give your notices of marriage.
  • If you live in separate registration districts then each of you will need to give notice separately in your own area.

You can give notice of marriage up to twelve months in advance of your wedding day. Once you have both given notice, you must wait a further 28 clear days before the marriage can take place. Contact the Register Office for more advice as soon as you have decided to get married.

When giving  notice of marriage in another district to get married at an approved premises on Anglesey please ensure that you inform the Registration Team at your district that the Anglesey registration district comes under ‘Ynys Môn’.

For an appointment please contact us

When you go to the Register Office you will be asked to produce certain documents, depending on your personal circumstances. These documents should be original documents not photocopies and may include:

  • valid passport
  • birth certificate
  • driving licence
  • evidence of home address (e.g. utility bill / bank statement within the last 3 months , or Council Tax bill within the current year.)
  • evidence of any change of name (e.g. Deed Poll / Statutory Declaration)
  • decree absolute of divorce
  • death certificate of late wife or husband
  • prior to 1983 a person born in the UK obtained British Citizenship automatically.  For a person born after 1st January 1983 the nationality is dependent on the nationality  of the parents.
  • if you have not yet had your eighteenth birthday - the written consent of your parent(s) and/or guardian(s) or any organisation with parental responsibility.

A fee will be payable for each notice. For current information please contact our office. 

Download a copy of the Isle of Anglesey Celebration Guide.

Registration Service – Customer Satisfaction Survey

Isle of Anglesey County Council would appreciate your views on the service you have received from the Registration Service with a view to improve the service if needed.

council wedding premises

Wedding Bliss at Llangefni

The County Council have two approved premises in Llangefni .

Contact Registrar Service

Registration Office
Shire Hall
LL77 7TW

Holyhead Office:
Tel: (01407) 761102
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg
Opening hours
Wednesday: 9:30am. - 4pm (J.EO’Toole Centre)
Llangefni Office
Births and deaths: 01248 751925
Marriages: 01248 751926 / 01248 751927
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg
Opening hours
Monday: 9:30am - 4pm
Tuesday: 9:30am - 4pm
Wednesday: 9:30am - 4pm
Thursday: 9:30am - 4pm
Friday: 9:30am - 4pm

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 21 November 2016 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?