This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Licences - car boot sale

To hold a car boot sale you may need authorisation or a licence from the local authority for the area where the sale will be held.

Eligibility criteria

No provision in regulation

Regulation summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence

Application evaluation process

Applicants must give the district or borough council at least TWENTY EIGHT DAYS notice of their intention to hold a car boot sale (or to permit their land to be used for a car boot sale),

Applications must be made in writing (including by electronic means) and include the applicant’s name and address, contact telephone number, where and when they desire to trade and the name and address of the occupier of that site, if he is not the applicant. The applicant must be over eighteen years of age to make an application of this nature. The applicant must also supply times of expected operation and details of suitable public liability insurance.

Will tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the local authority within a reasonable period, please contact it. You can do this online if you applied through the UK Welcomes service or use the contact details below.


For more information and an application form, contact:

Licensing Section, Isle of Anglesey County Council, Council Offices, Llangefni, Ynys Mon. LL77 7TW

Tel: 0044 (0)1248 752840


Failed application redress

Please contact the Licensing Section in the first instance.

Licence holder redress

Please contact the Licensing Section in the first instance.

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Trade associations


Contact Public Protection

Regulatory and Economic Development
Council Offices
Isle of Anglesey
LL77 7TW
Trading Standards:
General enquiries: 01248 752840
Fax: 01248 752884
Environmental Health:
General enquiries: (01248) 752820
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 15 April 2015 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?