Wales will take part in four Territorial Co-operation Programmes during the period 2007-2013.
The four are:
- Cross Border Programme for Ireland / Wales
- Atlantic Area Transnational Programme
- Trans North West Europe Programme
- Inter-regional Programme (IVC)
Taken together, the four programs will invest approximately € 900 million in projects across the EU to strengthen economic, environmental and social development between the member countries, and encourage cross-border neighbours to work together to develop innovative projects.
The project Celtic Wave is an innovative partnership program funded through the ERDF program which is part of the Interreg 4A. The project aims to promote growth and development of the cruise ship industry on the Irish Sea.
The WINSENT project is part financed by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Ireland Wales Programme (INTERREG 4A). Funding will run from June 2009 to May 2012.
- A mix of partner organizations, social enterprises and local authorities all working together to:
- Raising awareness and promoting a culture of social entrepreneurship
- Creating new social enterprises with entrepreneurial flair
- Support existing social enterprises and social entrepreneurs
- Identify opportunities within the social economy
- Assist community groups to deliver key services in a local entrepreneurial
- Development WISEA (Wales Ireland Network for Social Entrepreneurship Alliance) and will facilitate the exchange of information among social entrepreneurs and social enterprises
In this section
INTERREG means ‘Inter-regional’ which represents the building of links between regions in the European Union.