This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Day 22: Rent Smart Wales

Calling all Landlords and Letting Agents! Do you rent out a property in Wales? If you do, then as of the 23rd November 2015 landlords and letting agents are now required by law to be registered or licensed.

Landlords – if you answer “yes” to the following questions then you’ll need to register as a landlord:

  • Do you own a residential property that you don’t live in?
  • Do you let someone else live in it?
  • Do you receive money for them living there?

Letting Agents – if you answer “yes” to one of the following questions you’ll need to apply for a licence:

  • Are you a landlord who self-manages your rental property?
  • Are you an agent who lets and manages properties on behalf of landlords?
  • Are you a friend, family member or associate of a landlord who looks after their rental property for them?

rent smart wales

Rent Smart Wales has now launched. People who rent out houses now have to register themselves and obtain a licence or use a licensed agent.

To find out more about the new law visit the Rent Smart website or call Tel: 03000 133344


Contact Trading Standards

Isle of Anglesey County Council
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Tel: 01248 752322
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 22 December 2017 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?