Council Tax Reduction Scheme
Council Tax Benefit no longer exists. Instead you can apply for Council Tax Reduction.
If you are on a low income you could get Council Tax Reduction to help you pay your Council Tax. How much you may get will depend on your income and circumstances.
You can apply whether you own your home, rent, are unemployed or working.
How to apply for Council Tax Reduction
Online or telephone
- Electronically via Isle of Anglesey County Council’s web site
- By appointment to attend to complete the form at the Revenues and Benefits Section Offices, Resources Function, County Offices, Llangefni, LL77 7TW (Telephone 01248 752658 / 752226) or for vulnerable clients to attend at their home to complete the application form;
- By appointment to complete the form over the telephone to the Revenues and Benefits Section Offices, Resources Function, County Offices, Llangefni, LL77 7TW (Telephone 01248 752658 / 752226);
- By appointment to complete the form at the J E O’Toole Centre, Trearddur Square, Holyhead, LL65 1NB (Telephone 01407 760 208);
- Department of Work and Pension Local Authority Input Document (LAID) and Local Authority Customer Information (LACI) where they declare an intention to claim a Council Tax Reduction
A paper application
By approved application form received by the Isle of Anglesey Resources Function, Revenues and Benefits Section at its designated offices at Council Offices, Llangefni, LL77 7TW or the Benefits Office, Room 3, 2nd Floor, Town Hall, Newry Street, Holyhead, LL65 1HU.
Do you disagree with a decision about your Council Tax Reduction claim?