Housing and council tax benefit online application
The Online Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit claim form has been specially designed to be easy to fill in.
You can make an online claim for Housing and Council Tax Benefit using our interactive form.
Please see our help page for more information on how to fill the form. The form will help and guide you as you work through it to ensure that you only fill in the parts that are relevant to your claim. The form takes a few seconds to load and we ask that you are patient.
This form should only be used by residents of the Isle of Anglesey
Isle of Anglesey County Council residents, council tenants, private tenants and owner occupiers. If you live outside the Isle of Anglesey, unless you have been housed here by the Isle of Anglesey County Council, please contact your local council to apply for housing or council tax benefit.
Use this form to claim:
Housing Benefit - Housing Benefit is a benefit to help you pay your rent.
Council Tax Benefit - Council Tax Benefit (including Second Adult Rebate) can help you with your Council Tax.
Second Adult Rebate - Second Adult Rebate is Council Tax Benefit for people, a) who may not have a partner, or b) whose partner is disregarded for Council Tax purposes, but who share their home with someone who:
- is 18 or over; and
- is on a low income; and
- does not pay them rent
To apply you will need to:
Answer all applicable questions in the online form. As you fill in the form, it monitors what you are entering and activates or deactivates different areas depending on whether they are relevant to you. You only have to fill in the cyan coloured areas.
We need to see evidence of some of the things you tell us about, we must see original documents. The form will give you a list of exactly what evidence we need to see to support your claim. We cannot pay you benefit until we have seen the evidence we have asked for.
Advantages of using the online form:
- you can fill in the form off-line, without being connected to the Internet
- to protect your privacy, all the information you enter on the form is encrypted
- you don’t have to fill it in all in one go - you can save the form on your computer and come back to it later
- the form will help and guide you as you work through it to ensure that you only fill in the parts that are relevant to your claim
- the form checks itself for errors and it highlights anything you have missed
- the form will give you a list of exactly what evidence we need to see to support your claim
- as soon as you have completed the form, you can submit it directly to us so we can begin processing your claim without delay
If you do not want to complete the on-line form, there are other options available to you; you can get assistance to complete an e-form at our Llangefni office or on the telephone. In some circumstances, for instance if you are elderly or disabled a home visit can be arranged.
If you have a question about your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit claim or need help to fill in the form, please contact the benefit section on 01248 752226/752658, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this section
The e-claim form uses internet technology to make it quick and easy for you to fill in and complete. It is interactive and will help and guide you to make sure it is filled in correctly.