This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Housing benefit - overpayments

How to pay Housing benefit overpayments

If your circumstances change then your Housing Benefit may change too. This change may result in you receiving benefit to which you are not entitled. This amount is an Overpayment.

The amount of benefit you get to help you pay your rent depends on what you tell us when you make your claim.

It is your responsibility to tell us about any change in your circumstances.

Overpayments usually occur when you do not inform us of changes in your circumstances. You must tell us immediately, in writing, of any changes that may affect your benefit.

If you have been notified of an overpayment or you have received a reminder, you must make arrangements to pay immediately.

How to pay

Online Payments

You can make a number of online payments using any of the following types of credit/debit cards - Visa, Mastercard, Maestro / Switch, Visa Delta, Electron.

Your payment will take up to 3 working days to reach the account you are making a payment. (This includes time to check the details of your credit / debit card with the credit / debit card company and the council has been advised of the charge).

This service can also be used to pay a number of other Council bills, in addition to your Invoice, using one of the above payment cards.

By post - by cheque or postal order made payable to “Isle of Anglesey County Council” and addressed to the Revenues and Benefits section. Please do not send cash as the council cannot take responsibility should it go missing in the post.

Customer Contact Centre – by calling 01248 751 844 between 9.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. Please ensure you have your debit / credit card to hand.

Standing Order - you can arrange to have your overpayment paid direct from your bank or building society. Mandates are available from the finance department. Please see the contact details on the right.

By Telephone - you can connect to the service and pay your overpayment by phoning 0300 123 0800 on any touch-tone phone and you will be instructed on how to pay. Please remember to have your credit or debit card ready, along with the reference number of your account or invoice. The service will be available 24-hour, 7-days a week. The 0300 number is charged at National Rate to all callers regardless of whether you are calling from a landline or a mobile.

If you have any queries please call or write, quoting the reference from the email you receive or your screen print-out. If you think you have overpaid, or if a service for which you have paid is no longer required, please also call 01248 752015, email who will pass your query on to the appropriate officer

Contact Housing Service

Housing Service
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Housing Customer Services: (01248) 752200
Council Housing Repairs and maintenance: 08081 68 56 52 (24 hours)
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Contact Finance Service

Isle of Anglesey County Council
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Tel: (01248) 752658
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg
Email:Council tax/Business Rates
Email:Council tax benefits

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 28 September 2018 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?