This site uses cookies (small files stored on your computer) for basic functions and to help us make your experience better. You can find out more on our Privacy and Cookies page.. Some parts of the site may not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies and by continuing to use this site you agree to our Privacy and cookies policy.

Council Services:

Under occupancy or 'Bedroom Tax'

If you have a spare bedroom and you’re renting a council or housing association property, then your Housing Benefit may be reduced.

What can you do?

You could consider moving:

Mutual exchange – you could consider swapping with someone who lives in a house too small for their needs, you should discuss this with your landlord or register online with Home Swapper.

Council Tenants call: (01248) 752293 / 752294


If you are in a registered social landlord property call:

Grŵp Cynefin: 03001112122

North Wales Housing – 01248 370227 Email:

Moving into the private sector to rent

The Local Housing Allowance (LHA) applies in the private sector but you will not be expected to pay the Bedroom tax but you would only receive a rate appropriate to the number of rooms you require for your household.

Please bear in mind, if you are aged 35 or under you would only be paid the shared room rate which is lower than the 1 bedroom rate.

The shared room rate does not apply in the social rent sector.

Contact Housing Service

Housing Service
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Housing Customer Services: (01248) 752200
Council Housing Repairs and maintenance: 08081 68 56 52 (24 hours)
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg

Contact Finance Service

Isle of Anglesey County Council
Council Offices
LL77 7TW
Tel: (01248) 752658
Croesawir galwadau yn y Gymraeg
Email:Council tax/Business Rates
Email:Council tax benefits

Useful information

Mae'r dudalen yma a'r dogfennau cysylltiedig ar gael yn y Gymraeg. Defnyddiwch y ddolen "Cymraeg" ar ochr dde'r bar uchaf.

Last update: 11 August 2014 Give feedback on this page
Bookmark with:
| More |

What are these?